Today We are going to learn how to soften and smooth Skin Retouch Photoshop. I am going to use Photoshop CS6 but any other versions of Photoshop, the process would be same. I will try to not write to many texts so you concentration get affected. Let’s try to keep everything simple!
I am using one of my image so you can get more confident from this tutorial.
Let’s start step by step:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the background layer by pressing Ctr+J, Cmd+J for Mac.
- With layer 1 selected or your newly created layer selected, in your layer panel click on Normal then select “Overlay”
- Go to Filter > Other > High Pass and give the value of 6.0 then click on ‘OK’
- Go to Image > Adjustments > Invert, or press “Ctrl+I” (Win) / “Command+I” (Mac) to invert the layer.
- The you will see something like this.
- Now, with Layer 1 selected, bring the opacity back to 60%
- Add A Layer Mask with Layer 1 selected
- With the Mask selected, select the brush from the toolbox and put foreground color Black.
- Now paint over the brush where you don’t want to soften the image
- Finally on Layer 1 select the image (not mask) then from keyboard click Ctrl + M on window or Cmd + M from Mack and increase brightness a little. Now see the magic, you are definitely happy with the result.
- Have a look at our final work
So, this was quickest way to achieve something awesome for Skin Retouch Photoshop. Hope this skin retouch techniques would help you.